EqualsIW has joined with other organisations in producing a three day personal development programme called Green Time.
- Day 1 focuses on key elements of personal development:
Personal strengths, skills, and abilities
- Day 2 comprises a circular walk of five miles and involves the making of wooden planters and a health fitness exercise.
- Day 3 concerns the growing one's own food, food miles, and food from different cultures around the world. The group will make and share a meal together.
The Natural Way to Good Health, Team Working Skills, and Personal Development
The Green Time blended learning approach is open to anyone 19 years or over. Participants will use the classroom, technology, online learning and the outdoors as a learning environment to develop their health and well-being.
The programme provides an opportunity to recognise, develop and maintain a good level of personal self-confidence. Participants will experience why positive behaviours and attitudes are important in range of settings.
The circular walk will explore the health benefits of the great outdoors and importance of exercise. It will provide an opportunity to learn about the local history, wildlife and walk in a range of areas of outstanding natural beauty (AONBs).
Participants will take in the role of technology using apps for health, fitness, mindfulness, nature and employment. They will recognise the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle and gain an awareness of the key elements of a healthy lifestyle.They will also develop their own health plan.
Green Time is using crafts to support positive mental health and emotional well-being. Participants will make and decorate a planter to grow either herbs, plants or flowers.
The Green Time programme has five key elements running through the entire programme,
- Connect - with people around you to support and enrich your everyday life.
- Be active - exercising makes you feel good, step outside.
- Take notice - be aware of the world around you and what you are feeling.
- Keep learning - new things will make you more confident as well as being fun.
- Take positive steps - to employment, training, volunteering, joining a community group or doing something nice for someone.
Underpinning Green Time is the key message of keeping yourself fit and healthy.
These always run from 9.30am to 4pm and are scheduled for the following dates
- 12th, 13th and 14th October 2021
- 6th, 7th and 8th April 2022
- 8th, 9th and 10th June 2022.
For more details contact Mark on: 0785 485 2518.
To book a place on Green Time contact the Adult and Community Learning Service on: 01983 817280.