Equals IW is awarded £4,885 to deliver a new community programme called Green Time - The Natural Way to Good Emotional Well-being and Mental Health.
Green Time Key Elements
Green Time has five key elements running through the entire programme
- Connect with people around you to support and enrich your everyday life
- Be active as exercising makes you feel good, step outside.
- Take notice to be aware of the world around you and what you are feeling.
- Keep Learning new things will make you more confident as well as being fun.
- Give or do something nice for someone. Volunteer or join a community group.
Green Time Will
- Promote social renewal by bringing local communities together to experience the joy of engaging with other people to promote positive emotional well-being and mental health through fun and enjoyable engagement activities.
- Improved and maintained health and social well-being.
- Bringing together people from all backgrounds, cultures and income groups, embracing cultural enrichment.
- Promotion of equality, diversity and understanding of own culture and those of others
- Using effective local partnerships to bring together key providers and relevant local agencies and services.
- Supporting the wide use of online information and learning resources.
- Enhanced personal development and social skills, enhancing own self-confidence, self-belief and self-esteem, motivation.
- Enable participants to have the ability to feel safe in a group.
- Enable participants to make new friends and to have a healthy sense of self-worth and confidence to independently contribute to local community and wider society.
Green Time - The Natural Way to Good Emotional Well-being and Mental Health