Equals affirms the individuality, importance and right to be treated with dignity, respect and fairness of all people.
To ensure we live this out in practice and volunteering, Equals IW will
- As members of Equals IW, we commit ourselves to the safeguarding of vulnerable adults and ensuring their well-being in the work of our group.
- Equals IW commits itself to promote the empowerment and well being of vulnerable adults and supports their rights to an independent life based on self determination and personal choice.
- It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of vulnerable adults and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with vulnerable adults.
- Equals is committed to supporting, resourcing and training those who undertake this work.
- Each person who works with vulnerable adults will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by Equals IW.