Main points of interest
- Equals IW met with the new Equality Lead for St. Mary’s Hospital NHS Trust last 25th of Aug 2017 discussing partnership opportunties.
- Attendance at the Men's Friendship Group Meeting has not been as good as hoped. Marketing ideas were discussed and publicity is being further improved for future meetings.
- The Women's Friendship Group resumed after the summer break on Wednesday 6th September. The meeting scheduled for Wedensday 13th September has been cancelled as it clashes with the Food Hygiene course being held on the same day. The group has found that the cancellation of the Cowes chain ferry across the Medina River is proving a problem for East Cowes residents getting to the meetings.
- Facebook Pages. There is to be one Facebook page covering Equals IW as a whole and linked by a Facebook icon on the website pages. A separate link to the Men's Friendship Group Facebook pages will be placed on pages dealing with that group.
- Committee meeting are now being held at the Fairlee Room, Riverside Centre, The Quay, Newport PO30 2QR from 10.30 to 12pm on the last Saturday of each month unless there are exceptional cases. There is sufficient parking, tea, and coffee with biscuits plus toilet facilities are also provided.