Equals IW believes that every child and young person, regardless of age, has at all times and in all situations the right to fell safe and protected.
To ensure that we live this out in practice, including committee members, volunteers, employees and other members, Equals IW will
- As members of Equals IW, we commit ourselves to the safeguarding of children and young people and ensuring their well-being in the work of our group.
- Equals IW commits itself to the Code of Practice and Procedure related to Child Protection (following the Code of Practice, North and East Hampshire)
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with children and young people including appropriate checks where relevant.
- Equals IW is committed to supporting, resourcing and training those who undertake this work.
- Each person who works children and young people will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by Equals IW.